You’ve just turned onto route 81 outside of Woodstock, VA., and a red Ford Mustang cut you off, causing you to slam on your brakes. The mustang disappears in front of you, and the rest is a blur. After pulling over to the side of the road, you get out of the cab to check your load. You notice the tarp sitting over the lumber has not moved. However, upon closer inspection, the straps holding the lumber in place on your flatbed are leaning towards the cab. It appears that your load has shifted. Luckily, one of your fellow truckers and best buddy told you about Shenandoah Towing a towing service in Woodstock VA., that was able to help him. His load shifted a couple of months ago, and the Shenandoah Towing crew redistributed his load and got him back on the road in no time. You call Shenandoah Towing, and their experienced staff helps you out even though it’s an early morning Saturday. It’s never good when your load shifts. It creates a weight imbalance that can cause your truck to veer or suddenly tip over. Here is everything we will do for providing support for load shifts.
Reasons For Load Shifts
- The loading team doesn’t follow proper securement requirements.
- A strap comes loose or breaks during transport
- A driver aggressively brakes, and the load slides toward the cab.
- An accident occurs due to driver distraction
- A truck driver is exhausted, tired, or becomes drowsy
- A driver takes a turn too quickly
- A driver is speeding
- The roads are full of potholes or is unlevel
In order to prevent a load shift from happening, the Department of Transportation – Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) publishes Cargo Securement Rules. These rules that motor carriers must follow cover all commercial motor vehicles (CMV) carrying cargo.
During interstate transport, the commodity-specific cargo includes
Almost all logs are included except those that are bound together, under four processed logs, stumps, firewood, or short logs.
Dressed Lumber and other building materials
This section applies to packages of dressed lumber, bundled lumber, and other building materials including gypsum board and plywood.
The metal coils must weigh more than 5,000 lbs.
The paper rolls individually or on a pallet must weigh more than 5,000 lbs.
A concrete pipe that is tied together without rolling or loaded onto a container or-sided vehicle.
These are freight containers constructed and designed to be used during two or more transport modes.
Automobiles, Vans, and Light Trucks
This category applies to transporting Automobiles, Vans, or Light Trucks that weigh less than 10,000 lbs.
Heavy Vehicles, Machinery, and Equipment
This section applies to the transport of bulldozers, front-end loaders, power shovels, and tractors that weigh more than 10,000 lbs.
Crushed or Flattened Vehicles
These vehicles are intentionally flattened or crushed in preparation for recycling. On the other hand, those vehicles that are flattened or crushed due to an accident should follow general securement rules.
Hook-lift or Roll-on/Roll-off Containers
These are specialized containers used to transport waste, demolition, recycling, and scrap materials.
This section applies to the transport of any natural irregularly shaped large rock weighing over 11,000 lbs or has a volume of two cubic meters. The FMCSA also stipulates the proper use of securement devices necessary to secure your load. For instance, they describe the use of tiedown devices, unmarked tiedown devices, anchor points both unrated and unmarked, and front-end structures like headerboards.
Shenandoah Towing-One-Stop-Shop, Formidable Towing Service in Woodstock VA
When you carry any of the cargo listed above and are experiencing shifting loads, we have the equipment necessary to shift your load correctly, redistributing the weight. Shenandoah Towing service in Woodstock VA., is also equipped to transfer all or part of your load to another trailer. For example, we can unload and reload equipment properly, redistribute your load correctly, transport any overload to its final destination, or utilize forklifts on your flatbed trailer to redistribute your load. If something unexpected happens with your load, we are just a phone call away and here to help. We cover Virginia’s major highways like I-81 and I-64 and many towns surrounding Woodstock, VA. When your load shifts, we’ll help you make the needed adjustments and get you on your way. Contact us today to get started!
Shenandoah Towing, the one towing service in Woodstock VA., you can count on for roadside repair, is prepared to serve you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We can even get you on the road again on holidays and weekends. Our knowledgeable staff knows exactly how to help when emergencies arise, no matter the scenario or conditions. The summer months are upon us, the pandemic is manageable, and the kids are out of school. Highways across America are filling up with cars packed with vacationers and their stuff. Everyone’s ready to have some fun in the sun. Your mom has prepared snacks to enjoy on your road trip, and your dad has kicked the tires and checked under the hood to make sure you absolutely, positively get there safely.
Everything is packed and ready to go when you wake up excited to start out on your journey at dawn. But several hours into the trip, disaster strikes. Your car hits one of those unrepaired potholes left over from winter, causing a flat tire. Your dad pulls the car over to the side of the road after hearing a groaning, grinding sound. Your car joins the whole line of cars stopped on the side of the road with similar tire issues. Our experienced staff member is ready to help and suggests that you begin emptying the trunk full of your vacation stuff. After the car trunk is emptied, you lift the plywood cover only to discover that the jack is missing. But luckily, you still have the donut spare. For today’s blog, let’s talk about roadside repair and what you can do to work towards preventing these predicaments from occurring.
Ways To Prevent A Flat Tire
Here are things to be aware of when it comes to the tires on your car
- Check your tire pressure – Checking your car’s tire pressure often and making sure it equals the recommended pressure requirement is vital.
- Check for cracks, cuts, or bubbles – Once you come across one of these problems, call the tire repair shop and have it fixed immediately.
- Rotate the tires every six months or so – The front tires support more weight than the back ones. They also experience additional stress from braking and steering. By rotating the tires, there will be fewer headaches down the road.
- Replace your tires – A tire’s tread can handle about 60,000 miles worth of wear and tear; however, it may need to be replaced sooner.
- The tires come equipped with a wear bar. It’s a strip of rubber situated in the middle of the tread, which helps gauge your tire’s wear and tear.
- When the tread is even with the wear bar, it’s time to replace the tire.
How to Fix a Flat Tire
If your preventative measures have failed you, then its time to pick up your big boy pants and get to work fixing your flat tire. Here are the steps to do so:
- Step 1: Pull over on the highway far away from any moving traffic. Make sure to stop in a safe place where you wont get hit by a car, and a flat surface.
- Step 2: Remove your tire bar and spare tire from the trunk of your car.
- Step 3: Place some big rocks behind your tires to prevent your car from moving backwards when you remove your spare.
- Step 4: Remove your tire jack and start jacking your car off the ground by locating the jacking points. The jacking points for most vehicles are reinforced metal ribs specifically designed to safely lift the vehicle. On most vehicles, there are four jacking points. They’re located under the car’s rocker panels, just behind the front wheels and just ahead of the rear wheels.
- Step 5: Remove the lug nuts and locking nuts from your vehicle with your tire bar
- Step 6: Remove the flat tire and replace with the spare tire
- Step 7: Hand tigthen the lug nuts, then tighten each lug nut 50% for each lug nut and then rotate to the next lug nut and continue until all are tighten. We want to evenly tighten the lug nuts that’s why we keep rotating to a new lug nut each time.
Other signs that your tires need your attention include vibration or the wheel’s shimmy while driving. There may also be a hissing type of sound signifying a slow leak.
Still, there are a few other essential things about tires to know. Specifically, the very first time you have a flat shouldn’t be your first tire change. Changing a tire in your driveway will be good practice for the time when you actually have a flat. And lastly, once you get a flat, pull over to the side of the road as quickly and safely as possible. Continually driving on a flat will damage your car and be dangerous.
Help Is On The Way: Shenandoah Towing: A Premier Towing Service In Woodstock VA
So, with help from Shenandoah Towing LLC’s towing service in Woodstock VA., you’re back on the road. It’s late, and you need to stay the night at a hotel so you can wake up bright and early the next morning to finish the trip. After an excellent night’s sleep, you round up the troops and start the car. But rather than hearing the roar of the engine, there’s silence. Your headlights don’t work, and the dome light is dim. Your car battery is dead. It’s another disaster. It’s early in the morning, and not even the birds are chirping yet. But you know that you can rely on Shenandoah’s 24/7 towing service to jumpstart your car. Our roadside repair services will get you back on the road day or night. We can service any kind of vehicle you drive, from cars and motorcycles to tractor-trailers and dump trucks.
When something unexpected happens with your vehicle, or you just need a jumpstart, we are here to help and just a phone call away. Contact us today! We cover Virginia’s I-66 and I-81 corridors along with many towns in and around Woodstock, VA., and we’ll get you on your way when you absolutely, positively need to get there.
Shenandoah Towing, your number one heavy-duty towing service in Woodstock VA., is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are even available on holidays. Our experienced, highly trained CDL drivers use heavy-duty towing equipment to help get you out of a jam or get you unstuck. Our fleet of trucks are available when you need us. Heavy-duty towing is not your regular run-of-the-mill conventional towing. When your heavy vehicle breaks down, rolls over, is in an accident, or is simply stuck in the snow or mud, you’ll need a specialized heavy-duty tow truck with professional equipment to help you. Heavy-duty tow trucks are large and extremely powerful. They are equipped with amplified recovery mechanisms and pulling power needed to get you out of the most challenging scenarios. Today, we’d like to discuss the importance of heavy-duty towing services
Reasons For Using A Towing Service
- Times when machinery breaks down at a construction site. Construction site machinery sometimes runs all day and night, so the chances of breaking down are high. Our heavy-duty towing service can get your machinery to and from the repair shop quickly and efficiently.
- If your machinery runs out of gas, we can take it to the nearest gas station.
- To move heavy road construction machinery to and from the repair shop or another road construction site.
- To relocate heavy machinery quickly from one site to another. Typically, heavy equipment moves slowly, but we can speed up the time it takes to get it there when it has to be there fast.
It is good to know what types of vehicles require heavy-duty towing. It’s all based on your vehicle’s weight.
Some general types of vehicles that need heavy-duty towing include:
- Semi-trucks and trailers
- Commercial trucks
- Motor homes and Recreational Vehicles
- Extreme vehicles or vehicles that use more than six wheels or tracks, such as big rigs. Garbage trucks, and Bobtails.
Additionally, there are three things to know about light-duty and heavy-duty towing before seeking a towing service in Woodastock VA.
Differences Between Light Towing And Heavy-Duty Towing
- Light-duty towing consists of the regular everyday towing services, while heavy-duty towing requires specialized trucks and equipment. Heavy-duty tow trucks are equipped with up to 25-ton booms, a winch, and 6-ton wheel lifts.
- Asking and hiring the wrong tow truck can be expensive and wasteful. For instance, don’t use a heavy-duty tow truck for your sedan, and a light-duty tow truck won’t be powerful enough to tow your heavy-duty vehicle safely.
- It is essential to keep in mind that heavy-duty tow trucks typically carry loads weighing 17,000 pounds or more. In fact, the common cut-off weight between light to medium-duty towing and heavy-duty towing is 17,000 pounds or 8 ½ tons.
Heavy-duty towing not only includes the tow truck but also requires specialized equipment to ensure a safe and efficient tow.
The specialized equipment includes:
- Wheel lifts or Under lifts – These specialized lifts attach to the front or back wheels to hoist them partially from the road.
- Light bars – Situated directly behind the driver’s side window, they provide lighting during low-visibility conditions.
- Chains and hooks – These are securing measures used to keep the vehicle fixed in place.
- Winches – Using chains, synthetic ropes, or cables wrapped around a drum, a winch can lift a vehicle from the road or fully lift it onto a flatbed truck.
- Boom lifts – This long, high extension rig on the rear of the tow truck works in conjunction with the winch. All booms come equipped with slings to effectively cradle a vehicle. Some booms allow a heavy-duty wrecker to rotate, removing vehicles from hard-to-reach places.
- Outriggers – Rear outriggers act like additional metal posts giving a heavy-duty tow truck more stability.
A Professional Towing Service In Woodstock VA
Our towing service in Woodstock VA., has made it a mission to get our clients and their vehicles out of unpleasant situations as quickly and safely as possible. Our knowledgeable staff knows exactly how to help when emergencies arise, regardless of the conditions. When something unexpected happens with your heavy-duty vehicle, or you just need a tow from one place to another, we are here to help. Contact us today for all of your towing needs and towing services!
As instrumental as vehicles have been since their invention, when they break down they become a relatively immovable burden. In response to this, we’ve seen specialized trucks with a small crane attached on the back used to hoist vehicles for moving. These local towing service trucks haven’t changed much since their inception, nor have the reasons why people call them.
Here at Shenandoah Towing LLC, we’ve been providing a towing service in Woodstock VA for some time now, and have witnessed a range of reasons for towing. In some cases, the tow truck is a last-ditch effort to move a vehicle from its current position, although it doesn’t have to be. If you’re unsure whether your situation qualifies for a tow truck, read on.
Local Towing Service for Collisions
Traffic collisions are one way to utilize a towing company. Regardless of what causes them, getting the vehicles out of the way can ensure that no other accidents happen. Tow trucks can bring your vehicle to a local mechanic, and in some cases, like our towing service in Woodstock VA, they may have their own auto repair garage.
This can get you back on the road for your daily commute, dropping the kids to school, or whatever else you need to do.
Another inevitability on the road is a car breakdown, especially for those of us who cannot afford to buy a brand new car. Break-downs, like collisions, can be caused by anything from running out of gas to full mechanical failures.
As with collisions, getting your vehicle towed to a local mechanic can ensure that you’re back on the road in no time. In some cases though, you may only need a fuel delivery, which is something that we at Shenandoah Towing LLC, and many other towing companies will also offer.
Getting your vehicle stuck is another common enough occurrence, and can be the source of a lot of stress. There are any number of terrains that can cause your vehicle to get stuck, and usually, our best efforts at getting out will only dig us deeper.
Driving on the beach is a lot of fun, as usually those beaches which allow driving have plenty of space. Although one risk when taking a non-4×4 on the beach is getting it stuck in the sand, particularly the softer sand at the back of the beach near the road (away from the shore). A common mistake people make when getting stuck in the sand is trying to drive out of it immediately.
Instead, follow the instructions in this excellent article.
If that doesn’t work, then it might be time to call your local tow service to bring in the big guns. Be sure to mention that you’re on the beach, and to find the closest access point available.
Common on rural properties, mud can be particularly sticky in the wetter months of the year. While many who live rurally will have 4x4s and their own towing equipment, there are instances where it’s best to call in the experts. Unlike sand, getting unstuck from mud can be a frustrating and messy ordeal that can even pose some danger.
Follow the professional advice in this article to try and get yourself out of the mud. Again, if that doesn’t work, then it will be time to call upon your local tow service for assistance.
Like mud, snow can be messy and dangerous to try and get your vehicle out of alone. If you’re driving in a snowy area, you and your vehicle should be equipped to handle those conditions. That often means chains on the tires, but on top of that, you should also have a snow shovel to help move snow out of the way.
To get yourself unstuck from the snow, check out this article here.
Otherwise, if that doesn’t work, call upon your local towing service to pull you free.
Moving Someone Else’s Vehicle
We’ve all seen the depiction of this scenario on TV shows and movies, and although it’s often dramatized, you may have the right to have someone else’s vehicle towed. This depends on the local laws on the matter, and it’s usually better to call the police via their non-emergency number first. Although if someone’s vehicle is blocking your driveway, and you need to get somewhere, then you shouldn’t feel bad about calling the cops on their illegal and selfish behavior.
Professional Local Towing Service In Woodstock VA
Here at Shenandoah Towing LLC, we’re confident that our towing service in Woodstock VA is just what you’ll need in those panicked moments behind the above scenarios. We also have roadside repair services and a fully-fledged workshop at our disposal, so you can call us knowing that it’s the only call you’ll need to make.
When most people think of tow trucks, they will think of towing vehicles which have been parked in the wrong place. While this is true some time, it’s more common for tow trucks to be called out to traffic accidents where a vehicle is rendered inoperable, or a vehicles tires have blown out, which is why we offer roadside tire repair near me. Being able to tow a vehicle out of harm’s way can not only protect other people using the road, but also save the car from being damaged any further.
Having provided a towing service in Woodstock VA for some time now, we have years of experience in helping people to remove their car from the road after unimaginably scary accidents. Often the driver will be in a state of shock and not even coherent enough to move the vehicle themselves, let alone start the process of rectifying their vehicle. Here at Shenandoah Towing, we know that accidents can not only harm us or our vehicles, but can also impact our lives by taking away our main form of transport.
Here’s a glimpse at everything else we focus on!
- Light and Medium Duty Towing and Recovery
- Heavy Duty Towing and Recovery
- Equipment Hauling
- Roadside Repair
- Transport Services & Specialty Moving
- Car Repair Facility and Car Detailing
- Load Shifts
- Site Restoration
- Rotator Wrecker
We Focus on Roadside Tire Repair in Woodstock, VA
As previously stated, it’s not uncommon for a traffic accident to leave one or both the drivers in a state of shock. This state may render the most competent person incapable of the most basic tasks and decision-making. Although after a crash, an accident, or even a small rupture in your tire, some decisions will need to be made relatively quickly, and it’s during this confusion that people are easily taken advantage of.
By calling a towing service which also provides roadside tire repair near me, and roadside automotive repairs, you can simplify this situation for yourself. Once the towing vehicle is on its way, you can rest easy and try to regain your composure. Allow the professionals to handle the heavy lifting while you focus on recovering.
Save on Time
Every crash is different, with some minor crashes causing structural damage and some major crashes causing cosmetic damage. Although one consistent factor when a crash does occur is the amount of time lost on identifying and repairing anything that was damaged. Unless you’re a mechanic, you probably won’t have the know how to identify whether the damage is structural or cosmetic.
By contacting a towing service, you can expect a much faster repair time on your car. They may even be able to determine whether your vehicle needs to be taken for repairs, or whether minor repairs can be achieved on the roadside. Having offered these services alongside our towing service in Woodstock VA, we’ve saved numerous people immeasurable amounts of time, getting them back on the road faster.
On top of this, our services are offered 24/7. So if you get into an accident at night or in the wee hours of the morning, you won’t have to wait around until the following day’s business hours.
Save on Money
While one-stop shops are notorious for poor quality goods, those providers of services which overlap are often able to save their customers a lot of money. If you’ve had an accident, and you’ve called a tow truck to take your vehicle to a mechanic, only to find that the mechanic is closed that day or cannot service your vehicle, you’ll have lost precious time and money.
By providing both roadside repairs for minor damage, and in-house repairs at our workshop, we are able to save our customers money and time on not having to shop around for the right price.
Roadside Tire Repair Near Me
On top of providing the ability to repair any vehicles we tow, we also have a few other services which overlap into other relevant areas.
Dead Battery Recovery
Most of the cars we see that are dead on the side of the road have problems with their charging system. Usually this could be the ECM (Electronic Control Module) which controls the Alternator which charges the Battery which charges the car. Most of the time a simple fix is needed which is replacing your old battery with a new battery. If this is the case, we can help get you back on the road. If the problem is more mechanical in nature, and you need a new car part, our towing service can help you take your car to your local mechanic.
Heavy Duty Towing and Recovery
Not every vehicle weighs the same, and some vehicles will require a lot more than a standard tow truck to bring them back to the road. If you’ve been in an accident in a tractor or truck, this service will be more relevant than standard towing.
It’s not uncommon for a traffic accident to cause damage to the road, or leave debris strewn about, which can be harmful to pedestrians and other drivers. We provide site restoration services to bring the crash site back to its former glory.
Professional Towing Service In Woodstock VA Offers Roadside Tire Repair Near Me
If you’re planning on towing something heavier than what you’re used to, then you may want to save yourself from any risk by hiring our professional haulers. They are equipped with vehicles that can haul any kind of equipment, and can do so with the professionalism required to ensure your goods are stored safely and correctly. Give us a call today!
To say that driving has bettered our lives would be an absolute understatement. The ability to travel freely from point A to point B without exerting almost any effort, and while also remaining sheltered is something we take for granted nowadays. This has given the individual a lot more power than most people have had in history, although as Spiderman’s uncle said “with great power comes great responsibility”.
Tips for Staying Focused | Towing Near Me
An all too common cause of call-outs for our towing service Woodstock VA is minor accidents due to one or more drivers not paying attention while driving. This problem plagues every country in the world at the moment, due to the sheer proliferation of phones and how affordable they’ve become. Although phones aren’t the only distraction we have when driving, and if you, like so many others, already struggle to focus, you may have to put effort into staying focused while driving.
Here is a look at the more common distractions while driving, and how you can mitigate them to stay focused on the road.
With most states having laws of varying severity in place for cellphone use while driving, it’s plain to see the correlation between their use and accidents. In fact, texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent not looking at the road (source), which subsequently causes an average of 330,000 injuries each year (source). While for some people it may be easy enough to ignore text messages, calls, and push notifications, many people do struggle.
Avoiding the Distraction
Many people will use their smartphones for work and may feel obliged to answer no matter what. Although what good are you to your employer should you end up in an accident due to answering a work call? Here are some tips for avoiding distraction:
- Put your phone on silent when driving, or set up a ‘do not disturb mode which automatically replies to calls and texts with a pre-written message
- Put your phone in your glove box, back seat, or even in your trunk until you build up the focus to not reach for it mindlessly
- Set up a voicemail stating that you may be driving and that you will call back at your soonest convenience
- If you do need to use the phone while driving, pull off the road as far as possible and put on your hazard lights
- Ask your passenger to answer any calls, read any texts, or make or send any calls or texts you need to make.
- When calling others immediately begin by asking if they’re driving, and if they are, terminate the call immediately stating you will call back when they aren’t
These are just some of the common distractions, another common one we hear from our towing service Woodstock is using a Map app to find a location. If you rely on this, you should either invest in a purpose-built GPS or a phone holder for your dash somewhere in sight but not in the way.
If you have kids, then you’ll know that they can be just as distracting while driving, if not more than phone use. Be sure to set boundaries around acceptable and unacceptable behavior in the car while they’re young. Every kid is different so you may have to be creative in getting them to understand.
Here is a great article with tips on car safety for children, but most importantly be sure to communicate with them about this.
Fatigue, Hunger, and Stress
While we may not even register that we’re feeling one of these, they can be a common cause of poor decision-making and can lead to becoming distracted.
When You’re Tired
When you’re starting to feel tired behind the wheel, you may already be falling asleep, so you should keep an eye out for a rest spot or somewhere safe to pull over to let someone else drive.
Store some high-energy dry foods in your car such as nuts or oat bars to stave you over if you feel hungry between locations and can’t stop to get food. Otherwise, keep $5 or $10 in your glovebox to buy some food from a gas station or fast food provider.
Whatever may be causing you stress, you should try to defuse it and relax as soon as possible. Depending on the severity you may wish to pull over and take a moment outside of the car to breathe and stretch. Otherwise practice abdominal breathing by moving your gut in and out with each breath, making exhales longer than inhales.
Even if you become adept at focusing behind the wheel, accidents do happen, and it’s important to be focused when they do. Once you’ve confirmed your own passengers and any other pedestrians, passengers, or drivers of other vehicles are okay, call us for our towing service Woodstock VA and nearby. Not only can we tow your vehicle, we can also help to repair many types of minor damage.
As a well-known and reliable towing company, most people know when to contact us about our towing service in Woodstock VA and nearby. But not everyone is aware that we also offer a variety of other services utilizing the machinery which allows us to tow and provide roadside repairs. Whether you’re a trucker, a farmer, or a project manager, read on to see how we can help.
Hauling Equipment from Point A to B
Depending on your job, you may have equipment that weighs several tons that you need to move to another location, for whatever reason. Although, for most people, moving a several ton bulldozer over 50 miles is a big ask. In fact, doing so often requires machinery worth tens of thousands of dollars, which may be excessive if you only need to move the equipment once, or irregularly.
Behind the Scenes
Hauling equipment doesn’t just mean loading it onto a truck or trailer and moving it, there are certain preparations which need to be made to protect both the load and the driver. With 17 years of experience in equipment hauling, we have the knowledge required to move your equipment safely and efficiently. Our 25 ton equipment trailer is more than capable of helping you with your hauling needs. We have specific experience in hauling the following:
- Backhoes, excavators, and mini excavators
- Bulldozers and dozers
- Farm equipment
- Front end loaders
- Track Loaders
If you don’t see your specific equipment on this list, get in touch today to see if we can help.
Not Just a Towing Service in Woodstock, VA. We Provide Site Restoration.
Sadly traffic accidents still happen, despite how safe both vehicles and roads have been designed to be in recent years. When an accident does happen, the damage to the vehicles and people involved is the first concern, and often an ambulance and tow truck aren’t far away. Once the vehicles and people are cleared, the site of the accident can then be examined for any necessary repairs. Depending on where the accident occurs, and the nature of the accident, the site could be private or public property. Public property will often be repaired by local government authorities who have funding for such matters. Private property however will need to be dealt with by the owners.
Restoring its Former Glory
Site restoration is another one of our lesser-known services which is just as relevant as towing or roadside repairs. While we may not be able to help with the decorative or aesthetic aspects, we can help with the following:
- Debris clean up and hauling
- Dirt hauling and replacement
- Grass seeding
- Hazmat cleanup
- Site levelling
Remember to take down the contact information and insurance details of all parties involved if a crash occurs and damages your property.
Negotiating Load Issues
Every trucker’s worst nightmare, load issues can immobilize a shipment, costing all parties involved. Whether you need a load shift, or are overweight at a weigh station, sorting these problems efficiently requires specialized equipment and knowledge. Thankfully we have just what you need, and are able to help with:
- Removing and/or transporting overloaded goods to final destination
- Unhook piggy-backed trucks and reconnect them
- Unloading and reloading equipment properly
- Use our forklifts on flatbed trailers to redistribute your load appropriately
Calling in the Big Guns
Some traffic accidents result in vehicles upturned in ditches or other situations in which a typical tow truck may not be sufficient. We have recently invested in a rotator wrecker which is capable of lifting as much as 70 tons, at a variety of different angles. Whether you need help with vehicle or truck trailer overturns, jackknifes, or rollovers; large vehicle wreck recoveries; or simply loading, unloading, or redistributing loads; we can help.
Auto Repair and Car Detailing Service
As well as providing roadside repair and our towing service in Woodstock VA, we can also assist in getting your car back on the road and restoring it to its former glory. You don’t even need to wait until you get towed, if you’re having any problems with your vehicle then bring it in to see how we can help. We can offer repairs on cars, trucks, trailers, tractors and more.
Towing Service in Woodstock VA
As you can see, we offer much more than our well-known towing service in Woodstock VA, but we can also service nearby areas so get in touch with us today to see how we can help.
Waking up to a car that won’t start is a headache, but most of us would prefer to deal with that situation than have something go wrong with our car while we’re out on the road needing roadside repair.
Whether it’s getting a flat after banging over a pothole or having a belt give out on the interstate, having car trouble when you’re out on the road is always a stressful situation.
In this blog, we’ll look at some of the things you should do when you run into car trouble while traveling, and how a Shenandoah roadside repair and towing company can help.
- When something goes wrong, switch on your hazard lights — also known as “four way blinkers” — to alert other motorists that something is wrong. Keep these lights flashing until a two truck arrives.
- Slow your vehicle and try to get off the road, pulling to the right shoulder, aiming to reach a safe, flat area as far from traffic as you can get. Apply your emergency brake (also known as the parking brake. If you have no choice but to park on a hill, turn your car’s wheels to the right (or away from the road) to keep it from rolling into traffic.
- Stay in your car. If you’re on a busy roadway, try to avoid getting out of the vehicle to look for damage or try to fix the problem. Make sure your vehicle is in a safe place away from traffic before getting out of the car. If you’ve stopped on the right side of the road, exit through one of the passenger doors.
- Once you’re out of the vehicle, prop your hood up to alert other drivers that you’ve had a breakdown and they should drive carefully. If you have them, set up flares or reflective triangles and put them behind the car to make motorists even more alert.
- Call for a tow truck or mechanic, unless you’re dealing with an emergency or aren’t sure who to contact, in which case you should dial 911. You may want to consider signing up for a roadside assistance program, which can take care of things like delivering fuel if you run out of gas or jump starting dead batteries.
Roadside Repair in Woodstock, Virginia
Before you head out on the road again, program Shenandoah towing’s Virginia roadside repair service into your phone.
We offer round the clock services for cars, SUVs, motorcycles, dump trucks, tractor trailers and other vehicles.
Our roadside repair services include:
- Air Line Repair
- Air Line Freeze Up
- Tire Repair
- Tire Plugs
- Nail fixes
- Tire replacement
- Belt changes
- Battery jumpstarts and replacements
- Fuel delivery
- Mechanic work
With our own on-site repair facility, we can serve whatever mechanical issues we aren’t able to address at the site of your breakdown. From light to medium to heavy duty vehicles, our goal is to get you back on the road as soon as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our Shenandoah VA roadside repair services.
Years of dealing with load shifts in Shenandoah VA have taught us the pitfalls of dealing with overloaded trucks.
Traveling with a load that’s too heavy can have a number of repercussions for your drivers and your business:
- Fines and criminal charges — Some states levy fines upwards of $10,000 to truck drivers who carry more than legal load. Companies can be fined as well. And in some states, drivers can even face jail time for carrying too much weight on the interstate.
- Safety issues — Excess weight can affect how the truck performs, putting your cargo, your driver, and other motorists at risk. For example, a truck that’s too heavy can go down hills much faster than a driver anticipates, requiring more breaking force to stop. Cargo can shift, causing improperly distributed loads. And tires can blowout while hauling too much weight, leading to loss of control or rollovers.
- Loss of income — Many weigh stations will shut down a driver’s journey if the truck exceeds the allowable weight, thus impacting delivery schedules and costing you time and money.
These are all, of course, bad outcomes, but there are steps you and your drivers can take to avoid them. For example:
- Fuel weight is important. Take this into account while measuring the weight of the load. It might be better to refuel a little at a time instead of filling the tank all at once.
- Make sure loads are distributed evenly and properly secured. Improperly fastened tarps and ties can damage the vehicle, cause the load to shift or fall off the truck.
- Don’t carry more than is necessary. Overloading a truck with needless items will add weight you can’t afford. Discard what you don’t need and load only what is required.
- Don’t try to tackle every job on your own. Learn to delegate, naming a trusted employee your “weight czar” whose job it is to ensure none of the trucks are carrying too much. And make sure your drivers understand load distribution, communicate with the appropriate authorities, and know who to contact if they run into any trouble while making their deliveries.
- Try to obtain an overweight permit for situations were driving an overweight truck can’t be avoided. The permit will need to cover the loads in question and you may also need to adhere to certain requirements for vehicle size.
Load shifts in Shenandoah, VA
Are you dealing with load issues? Shenandoah Towing and Recovery can help. Whether you need load shifts in Shenandoah, VA or have a driver at a weigh station with a too-heavy load, we have the tools and expertise to help you shift your load and distribute your weight properly.
We can also assist with load transfers or transfer a portion of your cargo to another trailer, and make the adjustments to your load to help you get back on the road.
Our load shifts are provided to large and small trailers and flatbeds. Our services include:
- Unloading and reloading equipment properly
- Redistributing load appropriately
- Transporting any overload to their final destination
- Removing overload at weigh stations
- Use our forklifts on flatbed trailers to redistribute your load
- Unhook piggybacked trucks and rehook them
Contact us today to learn more. We look forward to helping you get your drivers and their cargo where they need to go.
Roadside Assistance for Semi Trucks in Berryville, VA
There’s nothing worse than hauling 80,000 pounds of cargo only to have your rig breakdown on the ice, or in the snow, or your tires blew out. The 5 most common problems rigs face while on the road can be:
- Brake System Trouble.
- Exterior/Interior Structure Damage.
- Lighting/Electrical System Issues.
- Suspension Failure.
- Tire Problems.
No matter what kind of truck driver you are we can help you. We have helped Dry Van Truckers, Flatbed truckers, tanker truckers, heavy haulers, long haulers, and even refrigerated freight haulers carrying thousands of pounds of cargo at a time. No matter the problem, and no matter the weight our semi truck towing services, we offer roadside assistance for semi trucks for the past 30 years in Berryville, VA.
Our Roadside Assistance for Semi Trucks Service Can Rescue You
Shenandoah Towing & Recovery recently towed a 80,000 pounds tractor and trailer with our semi truck towing services.
The tractor and trailer broke down and need assistance.
This semi truck towing occurred in Berryville Virginia. Please give us a call for any of your Towing and Recovery needs!
Some common questions with semi truck towing you may be thinking:
- How much do semi trucks tow?
While most semi-trucks in the U.S. haul around 40 tons (80,000 pounds), our new Volvo FH16 heavy duty trucks features a new transmission with crawler gears capable of towing up to 300+ tons. Our team in Shenandoah county can handle large scale towing needs unlike other small scale towing companies in our area. Plus we have a fully booked staff on hand 24/7 to help you get your truck back on the road. In the end thats all that matters, getting you home safely to your family and helping you get back to work. That’s the promise at Shenandoah, which we accomplish one day at a time. We are a family company so working with us means more affordable towing services than any other company that is owned by a corporation.
- What do semi trucks pull?
Roadside Assistance for Semi Trucks in Shenandoah County
We service the entire Shenandoah Valley, Woodstock, Strasburg, Front Royal, Winchester, Stephens City.
Thanks for reading.