As a well-known and reliable towing company, most people know when to contact us about our towing service in Woodstock VA and nearby. But not everyone is aware that we also offer a variety of other services utilizing the machinery which allows us to tow and provide roadside repairs. Whether you’re a trucker, a farmer, or a project manager, read on to see how we can help.
Hauling Equipment from Point A to B
Depending on your job, you may have equipment that weighs several tons that you need to move to another location, for whatever reason. Although, for most people, moving a several ton bulldozer over 50 miles is a big ask. In fact, doing so often requires machinery worth tens of thousands of dollars, which may be excessive if you only need to move the equipment once, or irregularly.
Behind the Scenes
Hauling equipment doesn’t just mean loading it onto a truck or trailer and moving it, there are certain preparations which need to be made to protect both the load and the driver. With 17 years of experience in equipment hauling, we have the knowledge required to move your equipment safely and efficiently. Our 25 ton equipment trailer is more than capable of helping you with your hauling needs. We have specific experience in hauling the following:
- Backhoes, excavators, and mini excavators
- Bulldozers and dozers
- Farm equipment
- Front end loaders
- Track Loaders
If you don’t see your specific equipment on this list, get in touch today to see if we can help.
Restoring a Site After a Traffic Accident Occurs
Sadly traffic accidents still happen, despite how safe both vehicles and roads have been designed to be in recent years. When an accident does happen, the damage to the vehicles and people involved is the first concern, and often an ambulance and tow truck aren’t far away. Once the vehicles and people are cleared, the site of the accident can then be examined for any necessary repairs. Depending on where the accident occurs, and the nature of the accident, the site could be private or public property. Public property will often be repaired by local government authorities who have funding for such matters. Private property however will need to be dealt with by the owners.
Restoring its Former Glory
Site restoration is another one of our lesser-known services which is just as relevant as towing or roadside repairs. While we may not be able to help with the decorative or aesthetic aspects, we can help with the following:
- Debris clean up and hauling
- Dirt hauling and replacement
- Grass seeding
- Hazmat cleanup
- Site levelling
Remember to take down the contact information and insurance details of all parties involved if a crash occurs and damages your property.
Negotiating Load Issues
Every trucker’s worst nightmare, load issues can immobilize a shipment, costing all parties involved. Whether you need a load shift, or are overweight at a weigh station, sorting these problems efficiently requires specialized equipment and knowledge. Thankfully we have just what you need, and are able to help with:
- Removing and/or transporting overloaded goods to final destination
- Unhook piggy-backed trucks and reconnect them
- Unloading and reloading equipment properly
- Use our forklifts on flatbed trailers to redistribute your load appropriately
Calling in the Big Guns
Some traffic accidents result in vehicles upturned in ditches or other situations in which a typical tow truck may not be sufficient. We have recently invested in a rotator wrecker which is capable of lifting as much as 70 tons, at a variety of different angles. Whether you need help with vehicle or truck trailer overturns, jackknifes, or rollovers; large vehicle wreck recoveries; or simply loading, unloading, or redistributing loads; we can help.
Auto Repair and Car Detailing Service
As well as providing roadside repair and our towing service in Woodstock VA, we can also assist in getting your car back on the road and restoring it to its former glory. You don’t even need to wait until you get towed, if you’re having any problems with your vehicle then bring it in to see how we can help. We can offer repairs on cars, trucks, trailers, tractors and more.
Towing Service in Woodstock VA
As you can see, we offer much more than our well-known towing service in Woodstock VA, but we can also service nearby areas so get in touch with us today to see how we can help.
Waking up to a car that won’t start is a headache, but most of us would prefer to deal with that situation than have something go wrong with our car while we’re out on the road needing roadside repair.
Whether it’s getting a flat after banging over a pothole or having a belt give out on the interstate, having car trouble when you’re out on the road is always a stressful situation.
In this blog, we’ll look at some of the things you should do when you run into car trouble while traveling, and how a Shenandoah roadside repair and towing company can help.
- When something goes wrong, switch on your hazard lights — also known as “four way blinkers” — to alert other motorists that something is wrong. Keep these lights flashing until a two truck arrives.
- Slow your vehicle and try to get off the road, pulling to the right shoulder, aiming to reach a safe, flat area as far from traffic as you can get. Apply your emergency brake (also known as the parking brake. If you have no choice but to park on a hill, turn your car’s wheels to the right (or away from the road) to keep it from rolling into traffic.
- Stay in your car. If you’re on a busy roadway, try to avoid getting out of the vehicle to look for damage or try to fix the problem. Make sure your vehicle is in a safe place away from traffic before getting out of the car. If you’ve stopped on the right side of the road, exit through one of the passenger doors.
- Once you’re out of the vehicle, prop your hood up to alert other drivers that you’ve had a breakdown and they should drive carefully. If you have them, set up flares or reflective triangles and put them behind the car to make motorists even more alert.
- Call for a tow truck or mechanic, unless you’re dealing with an emergency or aren’t sure who to contact, in which case you should dial 911. You may want to consider signing up for a roadside assistance program, which can take care of things like delivering fuel if you run out of gas or jump starting dead batteries.
Roadside Repair in Woodstock, Virginia
Before you head out on the road again, program Shenandoah towing’s Virginia roadside repair service into your phone.
We offer round the clock services for cars, SUVs, motorcycles, dump trucks, tractor trailers and other vehicles.
Our roadside repair services include:
- Air Line Repair
- Air Line Freeze Up
- Tire Repair
- Tire Plugs
- Nail fixes
- Tire replacement
- Belt changes
- Battery jumpstarts and replacements
- Fuel delivery
- Mechanic work
With our own on-site repair facility, we can serve whatever mechanical issues we aren’t able to address at the site of your breakdown. From light to medium to heavy duty vehicles, our goal is to get you back on the road as soon as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our Shenandoah VA roadside repair services.
Years of dealing with load shifts in Shenandoah VA have taught us the pitfalls of dealing with overloaded trucks.
Traveling with a load that’s too heavy can have a number of repercussions for your drivers and your business:
- Fines and criminal charges — Some states levy fines upwards of $10,000 to truck drivers who carry more than legal load. Companies can be fined as well. And in some states, drivers can even face jail time for carrying too much weight on the interstate.
- Safety issues — Excess weight can affect how the truck performs, putting your cargo, your driver, and other motorists at risk. For example, a truck that’s too heavy can go down hills much faster than a driver anticipates, requiring more breaking force to stop. Cargo can shift, causing improperly distributed loads. And tires can blowout while hauling too much weight, leading to loss of control or rollovers.
- Loss of income — Many weigh stations will shut down a driver’s journey if the truck exceeds the allowable weight, thus impacting delivery schedules and costing you time and money.
These are all, of course, bad outcomes, but there are steps you and your drivers can take to avoid them. For example:
- Fuel weight is important. Take this into account while measuring the weight of the load. It might be better to refuel a little at a time instead of filling the tank all at once.
- Make sure loads are distributed evenly and properly secured. Improperly fastened tarps and ties can damage the vehicle, cause the load to shift or fall off the truck.
- Don’t carry more than is necessary. Overloading a truck with needless items will add weight you can’t afford. Discard what you don’t need and load only what is required.
- Don’t try to tackle every job on your own. Learn to delegate, naming a trusted employee your “weight czar” whose job it is to ensure none of the trucks are carrying too much. And make sure your drivers understand load distribution, communicate with the appropriate authorities, and know who to contact if they run into any trouble while making their deliveries.
- Try to obtain an overweight permit for situations were driving an overweight truck can’t be avoided. The permit will need to cover the loads in question and you may also need to adhere to certain requirements for vehicle size.
Load shifts in Shenandoah, VA
Are you dealing with load issues? Shenandoah Towing and Recovery can help. Whether you need load shifts in Shenandoah, VA or have a driver at a weigh station with a too-heavy load, we have the tools and expertise to help you shift your load and distribute your weight properly.
We can also assist with load transfers or transfer a portion of your cargo to another trailer, and make the adjustments to your load to help you get back on the road.
Our load shifts are provided to large and small trailers and flatbeds. Our services include:
- Unloading and reloading equipment properly
- Redistributing load appropriately
- Transporting any overload to their final destination
- Removing overload at weigh stations
- Use our forklifts on flatbed trailers to redistribute your load
- Unhook piggybacked trucks and rehook them
Contact us today to learn more. We look forward to helping you get your drivers and their cargo where they need to go.